Now watching

Hello world !

Today I want to talk about not just one, but many tv shows. I think I actually like series more than movies...So I've made a list of my favorite ones - that you should totally watch because they are all amazing. Prepare for a long reading, so get comfy and grab some snacks !

I couldn't do a Top Ten, so here's an ABC :


American Horror Story


Each season, a different story.
Season 1 - Murder House : The story takes place in 2011, following the Harmon family : Ben, a psychiatrist (played by Dylan McDermott), his wife Vivien (Connie Britton) who just had a miscarriage and their daughter Violet (Taissa Farmiga). Ben had an affair so the family moved from Boston to Los Angeles, for the parents to try to better their relationship. Violet suffer from depression and will find comfort with Tate (Evan Peters), one of her father's patient. It will soon appears that the house is haunted. The family will also see their neighboor a lot, Constance Langdons (played by the so love Jessica Lange).
This season can be scary, depending on how much you need to actually be scared. Most of the time, it is mostly surprising.
For what I've heard, people usually like it. I personnally couldn't stop watching. I was a big fan since the beginning - and can we please talk about Tate ? Oh myyy !

Season 2 - Asylum : The story takes place in 1964 and follows the patient, doctor and nuns who occupy the Briarcliff Mental Instutition, founded to treat the criminally insane. Most of the patient claim to be institutionalize by mistake and are not responsible for what they are blamed.
To me, this season was harder to follow at first. I stopped at the middle of it, and started again a while after. You need to go through some "slower" episode for the real interesting stuff to start. I like it, not as much as season 1 but still. Evan Peters and Jessica Lange are back, even better.

Season 3 - Coven : The story takes place in 2013 when Zoe Benson (Taissa Farmiga) discovers she is a descendant of the witches who survived the Salem Witch Trials. She's not the only one. Those are nearly extinct and in danger, once again. Zoe is sent to a mysterious all-girls boarding school in New Orleans after killing her boyfriend by mistake. The school, a coven, exist to protect those like Zoe who carry this unique bloodline. Cordelia (Sarah Paulson) teaches at that school. Her mother, Fiona Goode (Jessica Lange) comes back to 'help' her. They will, all together, discover that lots of people want them gone.
I loved this season. Most people did not as much, but to me, it was the best. I love everything about whitchcraft, it is modern day story and it talks about teenage witches. Evan Peters is ones again in the season (and he will be in each of them) but also Emma Roberts, Angela Basset (who you will see in the two next season) and Katy Bates (in the two next season as well and who is AMAZING - my opinion).

Season 4 : Freak Show : The story takes place in 1952, in Florida. Elsa Mars (Jessica Lange) is the owner of a freak show who struggles to be accepted by the world. We follow the story of them all, with lots of flashback, as well as the many problems they have to face because of how they look. With Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson, Emma Roberts, Angela Basset, Katy Bates, Micheal Chiklis (new to the show),... 
A great storyline, some scary parts,... An atmosphere that I love. I enjoy it, once again, not everyone did. I like backstories, and I was happy to have some.

Season 5 : Hotel : The story takes place in 2015, in California, in the haunted and retro Hotel Cortez which was built to become a torture chamber for his owner, James Patrick March (Evan Peters). Many people live in this hotel as most of them die there. A 115 years old vampire, called Elizabeth (Lady Gaga), the front desk clerk and manager Iris (Katy Bates), ghost and prostitue Sally (Sarah Paulson), Iris' son and vampire Donovan (Matt Boomer - also in Freak Show), transgender and bartender Liz Taylor (Denis O'Hare - seen in Murder House),...
This season isn't finished yet, and I can't wait to see the next episode. Although I was not very exited by Gaga's presence, she is doing a very good job ! Also, the first episode was quite long for the first 20 minutes but once that's done, it is quite good. After the 3rd episode I was, once again, a fan.


Breaking bad


Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a chemistry teacher, is diagnosed with stage 3 cancer and given only two years to live. He decided he has nothing to lose. To ensure hi wife and son to have a secure future, he start a "career" in drugs and so, crime. He appears to be really good at it and start manufacturing and selling methamphetamine with one of his former student.

The tv show everyone is talking about ! And everyone seems to be loving it ! So I decided to give it a go... I'm only at season 3, but I've been addicted. I can watch many episode in a row, without any problem. It has a nice storyline, some funny moments. You care for the characters but you also yell at them for their stupid decisions. That's what, to me, defines a good show : when you are so into it that you start talking to the characters. Or maybe that's just me.


Reign

Mary Stuart (Adelaide Kane), 15 years old, Queens of Scotts, arrives in the French court where her future husband, Prince Francis (Toby Regbo), waits for her. Surrounded by her friends, she will soon discover that she is not so welcomed in court. Her life is constantly in danger, while her cousin, Queen Elizabeth (Rachel Skarsten), tries to take over Scotland, threatening Mary's people. 

I looooove this show ! Lots of things happening, mysteries, romance,... First season is great, and you get attached to the character. Second season will make you want to pull your hair out and slap all and each of them but it is still great. The casting is also very good, and god, that accent ! 
Perfect for those who likes to watch show including royalty issues, has this story takes place in 1557. Also, it takes in consideration the real history of French, English and Scottish royalty. 
Totally addicted.


Scream Queens


Chanel Oberlin (Emma Roberts) is the lead of Kappa Kappa Tau sorority in Wallace University. The sorority is threatened by Dean Cathy Munsch (Jamie Lee Curtis), leading to event that reignite a 20-years-old murder mystery, with the reemergence of the Red Devil serial killer, who begins targeting the sorority members. 

Created by Ryan Murphis, who is also behind American Horror Story, this tv show made a lot of noise. Great cast, good advertising,... Everyone was waiting of it ! It was way different than what I expected but once that part done, I really enjoyed it. I still do. They are only at season 1, so it's all new. Careful about spoilers, though, they are all over the place. Avoid social media dedicated to it. 
It's basically a satiric show. Nothing about it is serious. Don't watch it expecting things to make sense, to be logic or serious. That's what I love about it. It's funny, really - even though it's about a serial killer. And ridiculous. I would recommend you to watch it !


Vampire diaries

The serie takes place in Mystic Falls, Virginia, a small town haunted and surrounded by supernatural creatures such as vampires, werewolves and witches. Elena Gilberts (Nina Dobrev) lost her parents in a car accident. She soon meets Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley) who she will fall in love with, and his brother Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder). She will discovered the brothers' secret - they are vampires, and will be drown into the supernatural world.  

This serie has be on for a long time now. It has 7 season now. They manage to always have a good plot. I know some people got tired of it as they think they are just trying to make the show live, which is very probably the case but you know what ? I don't mind. As long as it entertains me - because that's why I watch tv show after all - it's fine with me. 
I've always like the show, more than the actual books (because it is inspired by the books written by L.J. Smith). It has some actions, magic, mystery, good plots, lots of different and good characters, and of course, love stories. If you like the supernatural world, you should watch this !


This is all the tv shows I'm currently watching. I'm planing on making an article about the ones I love and am waiting on it to start again. 
If you watch any of those shows, leave a comment, tell me if you like/hate it and maybe we can have a little chat about it ! 

Xoxo

Comments