Hello, great skin - Review

Hello Strangers !

After a very long MIA period, I am back !
I have a lot of posts already planned out so you should hear from me quite a lot from now on. Hopefully.

So to start back with blogging I decided to talk to you about my newest skin care routine : the 3 Step to Great Skin by clinique.
I've bought this while on a trip to Germany - for those of you that are not new to my blog, I was at one of my Happy Place ! For the new readers, take a peek at this old post here.

The box contains 3 travel-size products, all package in a cute silvery bag. Also : purple box is a big YES.




There's 4 different types of sets. Each according to a type of skin :
1 - Very Dry to Dry : tight & uncomfortable skin all over
2 - Dry Combination : tight & uncomfortable skin in the cheeks, comfortable in the T-zone
3 - Combination Oily : comfortable in the cheeks, oily or shiny in the T-zone
4 - Oily : oily or shiny all over all

They also have two different sets for men : Dry to normal & Oily.
Find out more on their webiste : http://www.clinique.com/3-step-collection

I picket up the skin type number two, helped by someone from the shop. After reading through Clinique's website I think the skin type 3 would have been more appropriate for me but I also remember the lady telling me that the type 3 could be too "aggressive" for me as I tend to have drying cheeks but slightly oily T-zone.

The first product to use in this routine is the Liquid Facial Soap Mild which you get 30ml (1FL.OZ.LIQ). I first put it all over my face and then use a face cleaning brush from Primark to rub it all over. This is a basic face soap. My skin feels fresh and clean after I used it but I don't think it's anythin special compare to the soap I used already. I like it, but I think I can find better for a little bit cheaper.


I then use the Clarifying Lotion 2, also in 30ml. Put some on a cotton pad and rub it on your face, avoiding eyes and lips area. I really like this product as I feel my skin is much healthier, cleaner, after I use it. I will buy this again for sure.


The last step is the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+, you get 15ml (0.5FL.OZ.LIQ). This is basically a moisturizer. I don't find it anything special and will probably keep using my Nivea one's when this one is empty. Simply because my Nivea's are 7€ when Clinique's is twice that for the same results (to me at least).


Overall, I'm happy I've tried these products out but my skin isn't as good as I expected it to be. I broke out after using the products for a few days and if most of it disappear the next day or the day after that, I still feel as it could be better. I don't think that routine is the best for me. The one I used before is much better. I will, however, include the Clarifying lotion in it as I'm very happy about this product.
I must say, my skin does feels fresher and cleaner so that's a good point.
I would recommend this to my friends, and that's also why I'm talking about it to you.

Have you tried it ? What are your thoughts about it ?


Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin if you haven't already ! 
You can now follow me on twitter, for direct update on the blog.

See you soon
xxx


Comments

  1. I always find that I break out from new products too! I've always wanted to try clinique but been worried about it making me break out so i'm glad I read this first! Haha!

    Great post as always!

    Katie Ellen xxx

    katieellen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help ! I have no idea if it's due to using the three products together or if it's just one of them which is making me break out ! (I'm thinking it might be the moisturizing lotion somehow ?

      & Thank you love ! x

      Delete
  2. These travel sized products from Clinique sound great, too bad that they didn't live up to expectations. But it's always fun to try out something new. :)

    Olivia x | Liviatiana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who doesn't love travel sized anything ! I enjoyed trying these out, will buy the Clarifying lotion for sure. :)
      Thanks for you comment xx

      Delete

Post a Comment