Summer 2017

I'm back ! I've been gone for a long time, or it feels like it. Life got busy : exams, travels... Those aren't excuses but I just had no time really. Or I did not take the time. But I'm back and I hope I will manage to improve the blog.

Since it's been a while ; let's catch up !

Summer is now over - it has been for a while now. I must say, it was a very busy and exiting summer for me. I've traveled a lot, met new incredible people, did lots of things !
My summer started at the end of June, when I went on a 3 days trip to Marseille (south of France) with my dad and a few friends of us. It was a scuba diving trip.

After that, I visited Frankfurt, Germany were some of my American friends were. I met Lisa there, the sweetest girl ever. I fell in love with Frankfurt. As always, Germany surprised me and amazed me even when I didn't expect it to.

My next trip was to Lourmarin, France. Once again, the south of France. I go there every year and I cannot stop loving it. Every year I rediscover the town, the mountains and the beautiful landscapes. It's a stunning place, very peaceful. We visited old churches and cathedrals, hiked in the moutains and enjoyed the sun and the pool... and the breathtaking view.


After this week of resting, I worked in a company for the whole month of August. I must admit I was scared of the kind of job I would have to do there. The company is a post-trading company. Basically a bank for banks (to make it simple). Post-trading is actually (once again, making it very simple) when someone wants to buy a "title" in a company, the company receive money from the person for that title. The company I worked for was taking her of the trade. (Done with the boring stuff now)
Sounds fun right ? Let's be honest, not what I would go for. But it turned out they gave me a job that was made for me kinda : I worked at the digital communication departments, in Internal communication. As a PR student, I enjoyed myself a lot. I was basically taking care of their website they use for internal communication.
It was very fun and I learn a lot of things ! It also showed me that I chose my studies very well.
The best thing about the job was learning useful things about my field of work but also meeting A LOT of new people. Not only the people I worked with - who where all very nice people and very fun (you cannot imagine how much I laughed working with them) but I've also met other student working there for the summer. I became friend with some of them and we are still in touch - we are actually seeing each other at the end of the month for a Halloween party (how fun?!). Also : I had two screens to work on and I felt very "business like".
I must say the bulding I worked in was very nice : all glass made, it looked very fancy. Inside was as well, comfortable chairs, a place to eat, an aquarium at one of the floor (like, seriously !), coffee corners,... All with very nice people.
It was a beautiful adventure, in a way, and I feel like it made me grow into a better person, somehow ? Or I hope it did.

After a whole month of work (and a wrist injury that lasted the whole month - fun to work on the computer with), I went back to being a child and went on a Disneyland trip. Because I am a child at heart. AND IT'S DISNEYLAND. I wanted to go back to Disney for years but never did. I was so happy to finally planned that out with one of my best friend, which is even better. And she is a pro at everything Disney, she knows the park like her own house, so it was easy to make the most of it. And as I expected, it was magical.
And as I expected, I already want to go back.

Right after Disneyland Paris (like, two days later) I took a plane with my dad and other friends for a 13 hours flight to Bonaire, a tiny island in the West Indies. We spend a week there, for diving, once again.

I did stayed home a bit, I assure you. But why stay home when you can travel the world ?

As you may have noticed, I didn't go into details about my trips. You know what that means ? More blog posts coming your way ! Yep, that's right, you will drown in "travel envy". (Does that even mean anything ?)
I hope you are exited, I know I am.

Tell me where you traveled this summer or if you didn't, what you do during your Summer 2017 ; I would love to know !

Comments